Do It Today!November 17, 2009
[Today's post is by Dr. Wayde Goodall, author of Success Kills. Goodall and his wife, Rosalyn, are authors, speakers, life-coaches, ministry consultants and pastors traveling extensively around the globe holding family events and seminars. Success Kills, published by New Leaf Press, is Goodall's 14th book.]
I just began writing my fifteenth book. Most of my high school teachers would be shocked that part of my career is writing. I just barely passed high school English!
Often the question is asked, how do you write a book…or start a company…or begin a new ministry?
My response? Do something today.
Don’t wait to:
- Get inspired
- Get it perfect
- Receive permission or approval
- Become confident
- To get the right person to join with you in your dream
- Make someone like you
- Receive reassurance from whomever
- Get over you past failure
Your dream is too important to wait … start working on getting there (one decision at a time).
You have likely heard of many formulas for success: Here are some basics…
- Have a dream (what is your vision)
- What is your real life passion (this could be your dream), what do you think about when you are imagining what could, should, or would happen if??
- Develop a strategy (what you think will need to happen to get to your dream)
- Keep integrity as your top priority
- Be willing to adjust (flexible)
- Take the risk (my definition of faith: “calculated risk”)
- Get close to people that want you to win (some will try to sabotage you)
- Begin today (make a call, write a note, compose, take action … now)
- Sacrifice (every worthwhile endeavor will take a sacrifice … i.e., you give up something to get to your goal … like television, golf, skiing, etc.)
- Live in balance; take care of yourself, your marriage, your relationship with your children
Most important: Don’t begin any of this until you commit your dream (plan) to the Lord. “Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed.” (Proverbs 16:3 NLT)